Thank you for your interest in hiring our buses for your special day. Please fill out the following form so that we can plan your perfect adventure.
The Vintage Red Bus Company Limited – Hirer Terms & Conditions – Jan 2018
1. Operator. The Operator The Vintage Red Bus Company Limited, a company registered in England (company number 08064373). Registered Address: 189 Vaughan Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 4EQ
2. Hirer. A person or company hiring a Vintage Red Bus Company Bus for a private function.
3. Private Hire. The booking of a Vintage Red Bus Company Bus for a private function.
4. Contract. The details contained within the Confirmation of Booking for the Private Hire agreed between the Operator and the Hirer for a private function aboard a Vintage Red Bus Company Bus together with these Terms and Conditions of Private Hire.
5. Driver. A suitably qualified person, employed by the Operator to drive a Vintage Red Bus Company Bus for private functions.
6. Conductor. A suitable qualified person, employed by the Operator to travel in the main area of a Vintage Red Bus Company Bus during Private Hire.
7. Passenger. Persons invited by the Hirer to a private function on board a Vintage Red Bus Company Bus.
8. Vehicle. A Vintage Red Bus Company Bus supplied by the Operator for a private function.
1. Bookings are accepted on condition that the Hirer understands and accepts the below Terms and Conditions.
2. Quotations. All quotations are given in writing subject to the Operator having a suitable vehicle available at the time the Hirer requests. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise stated.
3. VAT. No VAT is chargeable on Private Bus Hire.
4. Deposit. Deposit. On acceptance of the Quotation a non-returnable Deposit is required in order to secure your booking. The deposit is equal to 25% of the total value of the booking.
5. Confirmation of Booking. Receipt and acceptance by the Operator of the Deposit (or full payment if within 1 month of hire) secures the booking. The Operator will issue a written Confirmation of Booking, by e-mail or letter, which will include full details of the agreed hire and initiate the Contract with the Hirer. The Hirer should check the details of this Confirmation of Booking and notify the Operator immediately of any error or change requested. Private Hire is not confirmed until the Hirer is in receipt of a Confirmation of Booking from the Operator.
6. Balance of Payment. The Balance of Payment is due 1 month before the date of Private Hire unless the Operator has agreed in writing to vary the condition.
7. Drivers' Periods of Work. The hours and driving periods of each Driver are strictly controlled by law. A Driver's work is planned to comply with the regulations based on the agreed details of hire within the Confirmation of Booking. The Hirer should be aware that it may not be possible to vary these details at short notice.
8. Advance Variation of Hire. The Operator will endeavour to accommodate any requests to amend the Confirmation of Booking made in advance. Amendments accepted will be subject to Driver's Periods of Work and may be subject to additional charges. A new Confirmation of Booking will be issued for all accepted Advance Variations of Hire. If the Hirer seeks an Advance Variation of Hire which the Operator deems unreasonable or which cannot be agreed, the Operator may cancel the Private Hire in accordance with Cancellation by Operator below.
9. Last Minute Variation of Hire. Where a variation to the agreed Confirmation of Booking is requested on the day of Private Hire the Driver must always comply with the regulations. The Driver's decision to agree to or decline changes to the Confirmation of Booking is final. If the Vehicle is detained by the Hirer or used for a longer journey than detailed in the Confirmation of Booking, the Operator will make an additional charge commensurate will the additional time and mileage.
10. Departure Times. The Driver will depart as scheduled in the Confirmation of Booking. No liability will be accepted arising from the failure of any Passenger to board the Vehicle by the scheduled agreed departure time.
11. Route of Vehicle. Unless agreed in the Confirmation of Booking, the route taken by the Driver of the Vehicle will be determined by the Operator. Unless stated in the Confirmation of Booking the Hirer should not assume that the Vehicle will remain at the destination until the time scheduled for the return journey. The Hirer must ensure that access is feasible for a vehicle which in the case of a double deck is likely to be 14 feet 6 inches in height, by 8 feet wide and 30 feet in length. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure access is possible at both pick up and destination. The Company reserves the right to refuse to enter an area where access is likely to cause damage to the either vehicle or passengers.
12. Substitution of Vehicle. In view of the nature of the Vintage Red Bus Company fleet, the Operator cannot guarantee that Vehicle specified in the Confirmation of Booking will be available. The Operator reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle or sub-contract the Private Hire to an alternative provider where necessary to fulfil the Contract. The substitution would be made in agreement with the Hirer and no additional charge would be made.
13. Breakdown or Delay. In view of the nature of the Vintage Red Bus Company Bus fleet and local traffic conditions, the Operator cannot guarantee journey times. The Operator will schedule journey times and use its best endeavours to operate to the schedule agreed in the Confirmation of Booking. The Operator does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time and will not be liable for any inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay, however the Operator will endeavour to assist with sourcing a suitable alternative if possible.
14. Cancellation by Operator. In the event of an emergency or other unforeseen circumstance which prevents the Private Hire, the Operator may return all monies paid and, without further liability, cancel the Contract.
15. Seating Capacity. Under no circumstance will the Driver carry any Passengers in excess of the marked carrying capacity of the Vehicle. Where a Conductor is on board a seat must be reserved for their use. No standing Passengers will be carried except in an emergency.
16. Passenger Conduct. The Driver and Conductor are responsible for the safety of the Vehicle and the Passengers. Their instructions must be complied with at all times. Any Passenger whose conduct is in breach of the statutory regulations will be asked to leave the Vehicle and may be removed on the authority of the Driver or Conductor. The Hirer will be responsible for any damage (internal or external) caused to the vehicle by any Passenger. The Hirer is responsible for the conduct of all passengers. If, in the driver or conductor’s opinion, the Hirer or any passenger is disorderly or unfit to travel, the driver has the right to terminate the booking. Should this occur, no refund will be provided.
17. Food, Drink & Alcohol. Food, Drink (including Alcoholic drinks) may not be carried or consumed on the Vehicle except with the prior written express permission of the Operator. If the Hirer wishes to consume any Food or Drink whilst on board a Vintage Red Bus Company bus, the Hirer must pay a £95 deposit. If any damage is incurred to the interior of the bus or if cleaning is required at the end of the hire, the £95 deposit will be retained by the operator. If the bus is returned in a suitable condition the £95 deposit will be refunded. The operator retains the right to determine whether the vehicle has returned in a suitable condition to refund the £95 deposit.
18. Smoking. Government legislation is that no smoking is allowed on the Vehicle.
19. Animals. Animals, except Guide or Assistance Dogs, will not be carried on the Vehicle unless the operator has given permission.
20. Weather. The Operator will not be responsible or liable for any adverse effects of wind/weather to those passengers travelling on the vehicle.
21. Personal Property. The Operator will not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of Passenger's Personal Property which is left on the Vehicle. Any Personal Property found and recovered from a Vehicle will be held by the Operator. Collection of claimed Personal Property must be arranged with the Operator.
22. Complaints. Any Complaint should be made to the Operator in writing within 10 working days of the Private Hire. The Complaint will be acknowledged by the Operator within 10 working days and the Operator will aim to resolve any Complaint within 28 days of receipt.
23. All Confirmation of Bookings for Private Hire and these Terms and Conditions should be interpreted subject to English Law. Any waiver by the Operator of any right under these Terms and Conditions shall not prejudice exercise of that, or any other right. The Operator reserves the right to add or amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.